Deinterlacing/Decomb Problems

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Katzenfan

Re: Deinterlacing/Decomb Problems

Post by Katzenfan »

musicvid wrote:If you are interested in exploring the more precise deinterlace tools (at the obvious expense of time). Nick's research using QTGMC in AviSynth is worth a good read here http://www.bubblevision.com/underwater- ... -Vimeo.htm as well as on the Doom9 forum.
Thanks a lot, now everything becomes clearer :-). I have now installed all the stuff and check it out.
Katzenfan

Post by Katzenfan »

Also thanks, that's it. I am following it now step by step (but it will take a while, at the moment i have installed all the stuff and now i am at the point "encoding the video")
Just for me as beginner: "QTGMC" therefore is another deinterlacing alternative to "Yadif"+"nnedi3"?
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Just for me as beginner: "QTGMC" therefore is another deinterlacing alternative to "Yadif"+"nnedi3"?
QTGMC is a script, that makes use of those two plugins, as well as several others. It is not a deinterlace plugin in itself.
It is also slow as snails, taking easily five times longer than the Default Decomb in Handbrake, which is almost as good.
Personally, I stick with Handbrake's decomb. My friend Nick, who wrote the tutorial, uses QTGMC for his commercial underwater work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcbHKAWIk3I
Full Plugin List
This is a full list of all the plugins use by QTGMC.

Core plugins
- MVTools2 (2.5.11.2 or above)
- MaskTools v2 (recommend 2.0a48 or above)
- NNEDI3 (recommend 0.9.4 or above for speed)
- RemoveGrain + Repair (extract only the SSE2 versions, some SSE3 versions have a bug and give no real benefit)
- SSE2Tools for YUY2 support (take only SSE2Tools.dll from this zip - do not take the SSE3 version nor the RemoveGrain or Repair dlls)

Additional plugins depending on settings
- [NNEDI2, NNEDI, EEDI3, EEDI2, TDeInt] - if selected directly or via a source-match preset
- Yadif - for Preset="Ultra Fast" or if selected directly (this plugin cannot be autoloaded, it must be loaded in the calling script)
- VerticalCleaner - for SVThin or lossless modes
- AddGrainC (or here) - for Preset="Placebo" or NoiseDeint="Generate" selected for noise processing
- FFT3DFilter - if selected for noise processing
- dfttest - if selected for noise processing
** For FFT3DFilter and ddftest you also need the FFTW3 library (main page / windows zips). On Windows the file needed for both is libfftw3f-3.dll. However for FFT3DFilter, it needs to be called FFTW3.dll, so you will need two copies and rename one. On Windows put the files in your System32 or SysWow64 folder (which depends on your OS and the version of AviSynth that you're running)