Automatic File Naming Question

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
azvampyre

Automatic File Naming Question

Post by azvampyre »

Is it possible to extract the production date from a DVD and have that added to the automatic file naming?
For example, using {source} I get a filename of My_Movie.m4v from a movie named My_Movie, but is there a way to do; say {source} ({year}) to get a filename of My_Movie (2012).m4v from a DVD that was produced in 2012?
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Automatic File Naming Question

Post by TedJ »

I doubt it, as that is not included anywhere with a disc's metadata under the DVD specification.
Flo
Bright Spark User

Post by Flo »

You could theoretically grab the creation date of the files, but that'll only tell you when the disc was mastered. For most people the release year of the movie would be more interesting.
azvampyre

Post by azvampyre »

I meant the release year of the movie. I guess the movie could have a production of years before the release; I wasn't clear on that.
It's easy enough you rename the file though..I guess I'm not that lazy yet.

Thank you for the replies.
Flo
Bright Spark User

Post by Flo »

If you want to go beyond the data available on the disc itself (i.e., not much), you could try a tagging tool like MetaX.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

+1

I run all my encodes through Subler (OS X) or MetaX (Windows) to grab cover art, synopsis, rating and year of production.
azvampyre

Post by azvampyre »

TedJ wrote:+1

I run all my encodes through Subler (OS X) or MetaX (Windows) to grab cover art, synopsis, rating and year of production.
Yes, Sir.
MetaX did the trick, and now I can be completely lazy now that I found out how to use the HB queue, lol.
Thank you.