GUI Cannot Initiate FFMPEG4 Encode In Nightly Build

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
seanfrisbey

GUI Cannot Initiate FFMPEG4 Encode In Nightly Build

Post by seanfrisbey »

Not sure where to submit bugs for the nightly build for Windows, so here is the issue that I have found.

I have been trying lately to import videos using the FFMPEG4 encoder with the newest builds, but they are all broken and I'm having to downgrade to a previous version. However, tonight, I got fed up with the "invalid codec (ffmpeg)" error in the log and decided to invesitigate further.

The problem, it seems, is in the way the GUI passes the parameters to the CLI. For the video codec, the CLI expects "FFMPEG4" to be passed to it for MPEG-4 encoding. However, the GUI seems to only pass "FFMPEG" as can be seen in the text below of my most recent attmpt.

Code: Select all

HandBrake svn4351 2011111501
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         960  @ 3.20GHz
Ram: 24574 MB, Screen: 1680x1050
Temp Dir: C:\Users\Sean Frisbey\AppData\Local\Temp\
Install Dir: C:\Program Files\Handbrake
Data Dir: C:\Users\Sean Frisbey\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\HandBrake\0.9.5.4347

-------------------------------------------

CLI Query:  -i D:\ -t 1 -c 1-6 -o "C:\Users\Sean Frisbey\Desktop\Family Guy Volume 7 Disc 3.mp4"  -f mp4 -4  --decomb="7:2:1:1:80:16:16:10:20:20:4:2:50:24:1:-1" --strict-anamorphic  -e ffmpeg -q 1 --vfr  -a 1,1 -E copy:ac3,ffaac -B 0,320 -6 auto,dpl2 -R Auto,48 -D 0,0 --gain=0,0 --subtitle 4 --markers="C:\Users\Sean Frisbey\AppData\Local\Temp\Family Guy Volume 7 Disc 3-1-chapters.csv" -x --verbose=2
User Query: True

invalid codec (ffmpeg)
I have tried doing this manually from the CLI, replacing the "-e ffmpeg" with "-e ffmpeg4" and it works perfectly like it used to. Hope this helps!