Preferred presets not being saved

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Phototaker
Experienced

Preferred presets not being saved

Post by Phototaker »

I know from reading forum that the ideas for the presets is if you don't like the ones on offer you should be able to select the one closest to what you want & then save all of the settings for use next time.

I have tried doing this a few times & I find that only some of the alterations that I have made are being saved for reuse. Target size or bit rate appears to always to be saved. Other things that I have altered never appear to have been saved. Things like the decomb filter, my audio preference to always have 5.1 audio when available or pass through if it's not, subtitles burned in.

Is there any way to save these settings for reuse?
Deleted User 13735

Re: Preferred presets not being saved

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

There is a checkbox to "Save Filter Settings" in the Add New Preset window. Check it. :roll:
Casemon

Post by Casemon »

Having the same issue with Deinterlace set to Fast and Decomb set to Weak; saved a preset and checked the 'include filters' setting... changing titles, the video settings panel shows default settings with no Deinterlace and no Decomb. Apparently the "save with filters' feature does nothing?

Also, have a bunch of titles with 5 audio tracks; saved a preset with all added. When the preset is selected, 5 audio slots are created, but they are all set to track 0?

How hard is to include such simple logic (in pseudo-code)

Code: Select all

if (activePreset.audioSlots[2] && currentTitle.audioTracks[2]) {
interface.audioSlots[2].track == currentTitle.audioTracks[2];
}
?

I know you guys do a lot of work and that's great, but man the interface design is just all over the map in terms of quality / usability.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

You did not post the Handbrake version for the case you are reporting
but man the interface design is just all over the map in terms of quality / usability
I'm sure the unpaid developers would welcome your actual (not "pseudo") code submissions for future consideration. Just a thought.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

When the preset is selected, 5 audio slots are created, but they are all set to track 0?
Not all sources are created equal. Even if we store the track info in the preset, your still essentially guessing which tracks to select and too often, this guess will be wrong.
- Id's don't map to a language. So an ID of 2 might be English track on one source, and French commentary on another.
- If you store "French" in the preset, which track do you pick when the source has numerous French Tracks? You have to guess. It's even worse when a source has a lot of special feature tracks assigned to it.

If your running a nightly build, look at Tools -> Options -> Audio.
There you can setup some basic rules about what tracks are auto-selected by default.
It won't help in all circumstances, but it may in your case.