Static Audio at beggining of video when 'Strict' Anamorphic

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mattcampbell

Static Audio at beggining of video when 'Strict' Anamorphic

Post by mattcampbell »

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with 0.9.5 where there is a loud static at the beginning of an encoded file where the anamorphic setting is set to strict?

Have tried opening in various players (itunes, WMP, VLC) and all produce the same loud static skretch.

I produced 2 versions using the Universal preset (also occurs with others) and the only thing I changed between the 2 was the anamorphic setting. When set to loose there is not audio static and when set to strict there is.

Thought I get other people's experiences.
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Static Audio at beggining of video when 'Strict' Anamorp

Post by TedJ »

A known issue that's proving difficult to fix... also unrelated to the anamorphic mode being used, IIRC. A forum search should yield further information.
mattcampbell

Post by mattcampbell »

You say the issue is unrelated to the anamorphic mode?

Why then does my test produce this outcome?
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

I believe it's due to a race condition in one of the audio buffers... multiple encodes with the same settings yields different results.
david3

Post by david3 »

Yeah, I've had trouble with this, too. Sometimes during preview encodes, I don't get any audio at all, too.

Usually it doesn't happen very often, but lately it seems to have gotten worse for me, with about half of my encodes suffering with the problem and needing to be re-encoded (sometimes several times before I get a good encode). I remux them with mkvmerge, too, but it doesn't help with this problem.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Hopefully this should be fixed: https://trac.handbrake.fr/changeset/3966