Can't see results in Vista Meida Player Or Media Center?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
sonicm

Can't see results in Vista Meida Player Or Media Center?

Post by sonicm »

Hi,

After hearing about "Handbreak" on Geekbrief I thought I'd give it a go to compare it with Nero Recode that I have been using up until now.

Running the app seemed very easy and the file sizes seem comparable to Nero. However when trying to view the results in either WMP or Vista Media Center I just get a black screen and CPU on both cores raise to about 70% :shock: ?

I can play them fine on the same machine using Nero Showtime but not Media Center which is the idea, anyone got any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks in advance
Mike
Lant
Novice

Post by Lant »

What did you encode it as?
Do you have a decoder like FFmpeg installed?
sonicm

Post by sonicm »

I am encoding as FFmpeg H.264 but dont have FFmpeg installed (as far as I know) I have downloaded the Vista Codec pack that seems to cover most of the types?
Lant
Novice

Post by Lant »

Codec packs cause more problems than they give benefits due to problems like multiple codecs trying to decode the same thing.
I'd recommend uninstalling it and installing http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/