Handbrake Context Menu

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Dalton63841

Handbrake Context Menu

Post by Dalton63841 »

Okay I was reading a few posts referring to a want for a Context Menu. I have spent a little time, and peiced one together. I hope this helps people. It is only tested on Windows 7 atm, because I do not have another Windows machine to test on. The context menu says "Convert with Handbrake" and has submenus for all of the presets. ATM it only works on individual files, not folders. I am working on that.

Here's a little screenie:Image

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Covert with Handbrake]
"MUIVerb"="Convert with Handbrake"
"SubCommands"="Universal;iPod;iPhone & iPod;iPhone 4;iPad;AppleTV;AppleTV 2;Normal;High Profile;Classic;AppleTV Legacy;iPhone Legacy; iPod Legacy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Universal]
@="Universal"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Universal\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"Universal"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPod]
@="iPod"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPod\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"iPod"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPhone & iPod Touch]
@="iPhone & iPod Touch"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPhone & iPod\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"iPhone & iPod Touch"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPhone 4]
@="iPhone 4"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPhone 4\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"iPhone 4"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPad]
@="iPad"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPad\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"iPad"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\AppleTV]
@="AppleTV"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\AppleTV\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"AppleTV"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\AppleTV 2]
@="AppleTV 2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\AppleTV 2\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"AppleTV 2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Normal]
@="Normal"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Normal\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"Normal"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\High Profile]
@="High Profile"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\High Profile\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"High Profile"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Classic]
@="Classic"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Classic\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"Classic"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\AppleTV Legacy]
@="AppleTV Legacy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\AppleTV Legacy\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"AppleTV Legacy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPhone Legacy]
@="iPhone Legacy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPhone Legacy\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"iPhone Legacy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPod Legacy]
@="iPod Legacy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\iPod Legacy\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\HandBrake\\HandBrakeCLI.exe\" -i \"%1\" -o \"%1.mp4\" --preset \"iPod Legacy"
Just select all, copy into notepad, save as handbrake.reg, and then double click to merge with your registry. Of course you need Handbrake installed before using this. To use just right click on the file you want to convert, menu over Convert with Handbrake, and click on your preset.
Last edited by Dalton63841 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deleted User 11865

Re: Handbrake Context Menu

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

The AppleTV 2 preset won't work if you're using svn3707 or later. HandBrake 0.9.5 is newer than svn3707 (it's 3735).
Dalton63841

Post by Dalton63841 »

I was not aware of that. Thanks for letting me know. I will edit that out.

EDIT: Original post was edited to remove the Apple TV 2 preset.
Deleted User 11865

Dalton63841 wrote:I was not aware of that. Thanks for letting me know. I will edit that out.

EDIT: Original post was edited to remove the Apple TV 2 preset.
Perhaps I should have been clearer: all you needed to do was to rename the "Apple Tv 2" preset to "AppleTV 2".
Dalton63841

Post by Dalton63841 »

LOL Thanks, Fixed again. When I put it together I used the presets listed on the CLIGuide. I guess I needed to dig a little deeper.
Deleted User 11865

The Wiki is not always up-to-date. While that particular page has been updated for 0.9.5, you're better off checking the output for the --preset-list option.