Windows equivelant of MacTheRipper?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bdkennedy1
Enlightened

Windows equivelant of MacTheRipper?

Post by bdkennedy1 »

What is the best ripper for DVD's on the Windows side?

Thanks
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

There is no "best". This varies per individual.

My personal favorite is the combination of HandBrake and DVD43. This is what I would say is the "best". There are others who will agree with me and others who won't.
bdkennedy1
Enlightened

Post by bdkennedy1 »

Thanks, that's what I'm using. I just can't get DaVinci code to rip. I've tried 2 macs and a PC and no luck.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

Hark! Dost thou not knoweth? Noneth of mortal worth can cracketh or rippeth the holy and sacred ancient code of Da Vinci!
guitrmn35

Post by guitrmn35 »

PuzZLeR wrote:Hark! Dost thou not knoweth? Noneth of mortal worth can cracketh or rippeth the holy and sacred ancient code of Da Vinci!

Give this a try for The Da Vinci Code:

1) get fairmount, it's free and part of the dvdremaster package.
2) insert DVD
3) open fairmount
4) run fairmounted disk through DTOX, removing zero cells.
5) run the output through MF/HB.

I have been able to do The Da Vinci Code, but there is one problem that I'm still attempting to figure out. In The Da Vinci Code there are a couple of places in the movie where French is spoken. Handbrake and Mediafork will not show the subtitles in only those times, like the DVD does. You will either have to use the subtitles for the entire movie, or just not know what they are saying during those times. Myself and some others are attempting to find a solution, but have been unsuccessful so far.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

guitrmn35 wrote:I have been able to do The Da Vinci Code
Sacrilege!
guitrmn35

Post by guitrmn35 »

I've got the Da Vinci Code to work, with subtitles only when french is spoken!

Here are the steps I used. Unfortunately HB was not part of the process as it will not show the DVD forced subtitles.

1) get fairmount, it's free and part of the dvdremaster package.
2) get D-Vision 3
3) insert DVD
4) open fairmount
5) run fairmounted disk through DTOX, removing zero cells, giving you a clean DVD Folder
6) Drag the Folder to D-Vision, change setting as you'd like. If you want the subtitle only when french is spoken make sure to go to the "Subtitles" tab in D-Vision, embed subtitles, and select "passage in foreign language only". Once that is done create task(s), and launch

The only problem with this file output is that it's an .avi file. But if you want a different file type use VisualHub to convert it to most anything else. I hope that this will help.
joe759

Post by joe759 »

you might want to ripitforme or dvd fab decrypter. Both have given me great success. So far "crosses finger" I have not had a dvd that can not be ripped.