Converting BluRay (VC-1 format)

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
keithdroz

Converting BluRay (VC-1 format)

Post by keithdroz »

I have been having a lot of difficulty lately converting BluRay titles that use the VC-1 video format (mostly (Universal and WB titles) those that use the AVCHD format (ie. Paramount) have converted fine.

I have been using Clown to extract the video/audio (i need to convert from DTS to AC3 for AppleTV). the finished output is playable using PowerDVD (with AC3 audio intact) but when I go to load it into Handbrake it either crashes or will start to convert to ATV then crash about 20% in.

is there some magic sauce i am missing (either in Clown or HB)? I've combed the site looking for info but have come up empty handed.

fyi the title in question today is "the last starfighter") but there have been others ("invictus" was one). so if there is any insight that someone can offer it would be most appreciated. thx
Deleted User 11865

Re: Converting BluRay (VC-1 format)

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

0.9.4 tends to crash with VC-1. Try a nightly build (see the announcement at the top of every subforum).
keithdroz

Re: Converting BluRay (VC-1 format)

Post by keithdroz »

So i just tried the latest nightly build (#135) and so far it seems to work. keep you posted. thanks for the info! :D