cannot get handbrake to detect my disk or read a ts file

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
eyetoeye

cannot get handbrake to detect my disk or read a ts file

Post by eyetoeye »

when putting in a disk and starting up hb I see a box that says browse, I go to the dvd drive and click on it to open it up. I've tried to use the main title of the dvd or the _ts file and when selecting the latter, I get a "no titles found" message.

All of the guides that I've seen show that it pretty much should automatically detect the disk and then go from there, I have tried half a dozen disks with no luck.

Any advice would be appreciated, using the gui for windows btw.

thanks--eye
Last edited by eyetoeye on Wed May 16, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fullerflyer
Novice

Re: cannot get handbrake to detect my disk or read a ts file

Post by fullerflyer »

eyetoeye wrote:when putting in a disk and starting up hb I see a box that says browse, I go to the dvd drive and click on it to open it up. I've tried to use the main title of the dvd or the _ts file and when selecting the latter, I get a "no titles found" message.

All of the guides that I've seen show that it pretty much should automatically detect the disk and then go from there, I have tried half a dozen disks with no luck.

Any advice would be appreciated,

thanks--eye
...occasionally, I would experience the same thing... Whereas the "browse" option that you mention did not prove fruitful, I was usually successful in selecting "File" from the menu bar, and then selecting "Open DVD"...

hope it helps...
eyetoeye

Post by eyetoeye »

I tried using the file drop down but only two things drop down when I click on file -- open profile and save profile, nothing like open dvd :/

but thanks:)

I am using the windows gui version btw

eye
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

What DVD are you having a problem with?
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

eyetoeye wrote:I am using the windows gui version btw
Then why are you posting in General instead of in the Windows forum?

...moving this thread...

And really--you have bothered to read documentation before asking questions, right? So you know that HB for Windows can't decrypt DVDs?
eyetoeye

Post by eyetoeye »

Ya, did read on one guide that mentioned that hb windows doesnt decrypt, however, heard Leo LaPorte mention that this was the program he recommended to rip dvd's to his laptop. I guess he was using his Mac.

I thought that the most recent version here was a new version capable of ripping dvd's.

thanks for the help,

eye
Tegeril

Post by Tegeril »

Or he was running AnyDVD. http://www.slysoft.com/en/

Read down the left bar where they link to his endorsement of the product.