How to the hole folder instead of one video on at a time

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
vonbarter

How to the hole folder instead of one video on at a time

Post by vonbarter »

Hello and thank you. I have a full seaason of lost in a folder. How do I converter the hole folder to ipod friendly format. I wish to convert the hole folder instead of one video on at a time.Is the there an option to select all videos in a folder? Instead of one at a time?
Hello
Novice

Re: How to the hole folder instead of one video on at a time

Post by Hello »

It's whole*, btw, and you can't encode a whole folder, unless the folder is a folder with a DVD structure inside, if you use HandBrake you have to add files to the queue individually, you can't add an entire folder of files and have them all encode by just selecting a folder. If you want to encode many videos at one time without individually managing files one at a time, you probably shouldn't use HandBrake, because that's not what it is meant for, it's meant for encoding DVDs/Blu-Rays (which often need different settings such as cropping for each DVD because of different aspect ratios, etc.). There are most likely other programs out there than can add a whole bunch of files and encode them all in the same way with the same settings, but I don't know of one.

For further information:

http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7945
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: How to the hole folder instead of one video on at a time

Post by dynaflash »

Current svn code allows you to scan a folder full of movies (not dvd) and they get loaded up into the gui in the title popup, from there you can just pick each title and hit "Add to Queue" so its two clicks per movie yet but still much faster than opening and selecting each movie one at a time.