priority

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
weaver4

priority

Post by weaver4 »

I would like to have an option to set the priority of hbcli.exe. Right now it starts as normal and it really slows down my computer.

Or am I missing some setup.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

You can change it via the Task Manager > processes tab. Its due to be added to a future version at some point.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

Hey weaver4,

Once you find hbcli.exe in Task Manager->Process tab, right-click and choose priority to "Low" if you want to use your PC for other things too, or you can go "High" and let it rip all the way at top speed when you are, for example, encoding overnight with alot of video clips and your PC is not needed for anything else.

Another trick if you have more than one CPU is to set the affinity to one CPU and set the affinity to another CPU for another application that you wish to run at the same time. Although you won't encode as fast, at least this way you can run your application flawlessly while encoding at the same time.