very different interface, been trying for 2 days now

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jim868

very different interface, been trying for 2 days now

Post by jim868 »

Hi, ive read lots on this before posting but now im really stuck, ive downloaded handbrake but the instructions in the faq are nothing like what appears on screen im on windows xp i think, i have version 2.23 loaded pls help, im very pc nooby so soz if its a silly question. Jim. i have also just tried the anydvd program. still nothing happens and interface is unlike any i see in user instructions.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

gawd, your kidding me right?

try reading the FAQ/Guide for WINDOWS..... not mac os ;)

http://handbrake.m0k.org/?page_id=11 you see the little windows logo?
jim868

Post by jim868 »

oops, so ive loaded the mac one? 2.23?
:oops:
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Your reading the mac guides......
jim868

Post by jim868 »

hi, i think i mau have done it thanks to your webpage, im a plumber an this is like rocket science to me so ive done a small miricale getting it to work !! cheers i think ive cracked it. :lol:
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Its not rocket science despite what people thing. Just use a bit of common sense and read the docs and you'll get there. Dont be scared of it. This for everyone.
jim868

Post by jim868 »

now i have the video in my itunes it wont allow it to be put on the ipod, i followed the guide every step, why is this, its star wars episode 3 and its a dvd i have purchased. :?
Anheuser50

Post by Anheuser50 »

When you plug in your iPod, click the iPod by it's name in iTunes, then click on the "Movies" tab and make sure that it's set to sync all movies, or at least the one you just ripped.

Then right click the name of your iPod in iTunes, click "sync iPod" and it should go over. If not I think I would need more information regarding the nature of your problem.

HTH.

Edit: You *should* have encoded it with the settings for "H.264 (iPod)" using AAC for audio. If not, well, it may not transfer over. You would be back to re-transcoding it with handbrake with the appropriate codec (h.264 iPod).