Progress Indicator

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Anheuser50

Progress Indicator

Post by Anheuser50 »

While I'm reletively new to these forums, searched the feature requests but didn't find anything relating to a progress indicator, wether it be a bar, or a text label showing a percentage, ETA or Time Remaining.

I thought it would be a nice feature, but there I go thinking again... =)

~Anheuser50
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

open the command line window(which starts minimized).. it tells you how far along it is and on which pass, as well as an estimate of the time remaining.. granted it's not pretty gui form, but it's not hard to look at either.
Anheuser50

Post by Anheuser50 »

Unfortunately for me after posting this request (Which should be for all GUI's, not just windows) I happened upon the minimised CLI of Handbrake and brought it up to find the ETA, and the Progress. My apologies, althought it would be nice to see a progress in the GUI window, since there is one in the minimized CLI, it should be a low priority.

Thanks for your patience.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

As well, if you also need a "final progress report" after you're done, you can right-click on a completed file's icon and in the General tab:

"Created" is the time of when the file started getting encoded.
"Modified" is the time of when the file finished getting encoded.
Subtracting the times from each gives you the amount of time the file took to get encoded (obviously).

This is great when you run batch jobs, walk away from the computer, and then wish to know how long each took afterwards for your testing.

Sure, a pretty "final progress report" would be nice, but it makes do.