Best DVD Ripping Program

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Akositzke

Best DVD Ripping Program

Post by Akositzke »

I'm new to this - anyone have any suggestions on what the 'best' Windows program is for ripping DVDs?

The number of ripping programs out there is daunting...any help would be greatly appreciated!
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Best DVD Ripping Program

Post by TedJ »

AnyDVD HD Decrypter.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

TedJ wrote:AnyDVD HD Decrypter.
Of course if you don't need to rip Blu-Rays, the standard AnyDVD is enough and cheaper.

Also, AnyDVD is the best at decrypting, but the built-in ripper is pretty basic. I like CloneDVD, but you can also use other programs such as DVD Decrypter (or any similar program) to perform main feature extraction etc. (with AnyDVD doing the decryption in the background).

Of course if you want to encode straight from disc or if you always pre-rip the full DVD then AnyDVD is all you need.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

AnyDVD for decrypting/defanging + DVD Decrypter in IFO mode with stream processing for ripping
gonzus

Post by gonzus »

I use DVDFab HD Decrypter (http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm), it is free for its basic functionality.
mtherault

Post by mtherault »

Rodeo wrote:
TedJ wrote:AnyDVD HD Decrypter.
Of course if you don't need to rip Blu-Rays, the standard AnyDVD is enough and cheaper.

Also, AnyDVD is the best at decrypting, but the built-in ripper is pretty basic. I like CloneDVD, but you can also use other programs such as DVD Decrypter (or any similar program) to perform main feature extraction etc. (with AnyDVD doing the decryption in the background).

Of course if you want to encode straight from disc or if you always pre-rip the full DVD then AnyDVD is all you need.
He doesn't need to rip Blu-rays, but as time, and experience improve I would bet you he would end up wanting to do this.

I would say AnyDVD-HD. If you don't want to shell out all the money you can always upgrade from regular AnyDVD to AnyDVD-HD at a later date (for a fee).

If you want a totally free DVD43, or the free version of DVDFab. However, I don't like this one much. I would say stick with anydvd.