xp pro on 4100 inspiron installation of handbrake

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
shirleyanne

xp pro on 4100 inspiron installation of handbrake

Post by shirleyanne »

im hoping the answer is not beyond me, i need to convertDIV files and was hoping this would help, .. will it? small memory, 40 gig and i want to try out uploading for the first time, i have read various compatability issues for xp pro i just dont want to press that save or run button until im sure it will not cost me. again that is..
ascianti

Re: xp pro on 4100 inspiron installation of handbrake

Post by ascianti »

Assuming your .div files play in VLC, handbrake should be able to convert them.

I've had no issues with handbrake on my xp pro system before, xp pro is basically the same as xp home.

Cost you again? What does that mean? Handbrake costs no money, as for time or something, you mention no problems which have 'cost' you in the past.
shirleyanne

Re: xp pro on 4100 inspiron installation of handbrake

Post by shirleyanne »

no, the files did not open with vlc. that was the point in needing a div converter. handbrake did not help, it just slowed the computer down, i uninstalled it. i installed a div conversion prog some months ago and it took out win32 cost 60 euros and rescue disc to recover, that is why im wary of any downloaded applications that claim to do things they in fact dont. any other ideas would be much appreciated,