H.264 Encoding doesn't work, Xvid does?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
WDot

H.264 Encoding doesn't work, Xvid does?

Post by WDot »

I downloaded the latest Handbrake GUI (2.22) and tried ripping a theme song to a tv show (Neon Genesis Evangelion) for a test. I used DVD Fab Decryptor to remove all the content protection, and then set these options:

Video: H.264
Audio: AAC
Constant Quality: 100%
Audio: Bitrate 160, Sample 48, Track Japanese, Mixdown Stereo
Proc. Count: 2 (use an Intel Core 2)

I hit generate query, and then encode video. I wait a couple of minutes, the file finishes, and I open it up and find out that only the audio encoded. I searched through the documentation and google and came up with nothing. I downloaded a Windows binary of x264 and placed it in the Handbrake folder with faac, still nothing.

I try encoding with Xvid instead and I finally get video and audio. But why can't I encode in H.264?
WDot

Post by WDot »

Never mind, it works in iTunes. Apparently nothing else can read mp4's. Please lock.
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

you can install the x264 codec into a slew of other programs, including windows media player - just google x264 windows media. Try to avoid codec packs as they tend to cause more trouble than good - if you must , i have found the cccp to be the best.