Handbrake + IFO and VOB formatted rips > H.264 ?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
the_engineer

Handbrake + IFO and VOB formatted rips > H.264 ?

Post by the_engineer »

I have 96 TV episodes ripped to my PC in individual folders with ifo&vob files for each episode in each folder {VTS_04_PGC_01_1.vob & VTS_04_0.ifo} etc... I would like to use Handbrake and its queue to convert these into H.264 video for archiving and playback via my ps3 over the network. The only options i'm seeing for loading files into handbrake though are DVD and .iso files -.- I assume that this program is capable of handling the ifo & vob files if it can rip striaght from the DVD.... I assume i'm missing something here but can't seem to find info in the forums. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or am I way off base here? Thanks in advance for the help!
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Use the DVD option and just navigate to the correct folder.
the_engineer

Post by the_engineer »

Now, with v2.22 I just get an error that says "ERROR: No title found."

:::::edit theses errors are old news from v2.21:::::

i'm getting the following errors:

System.ArgumentOUtOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy) at handbrake.frmStatus.add(Object titleData)

ERROR: Incomplete DVD data found. Please copy the data on the View DVD information tab and report this error.

--Scanning complete msg --

Tools>View DVD Data =
------- DVD Information -------
HandBrake 0.8.5b1 (2007042001) - http://handbrake.m0k.org/
Opening D:\-=24=-\24 Series 01\24 S01e01...
No title found.
HandBrake has exited.

the file names in the above folder are as listed in the first post. and if it helps to know it I am in windows vista with UAC off and Running handbrake as administrator.

::::::::::::Edit::::::::::::::
I will try the new beta and report back as it seems the fixes may be related to my issue
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Its either a DVD mastering issue or copy protection.

If its not copy protection the only way around it would be to try running it though DVD Shrink (Free).
romasi

Ifoedit fixed this for me

Post by romasi »

I'm new to all of this, but I had this happen to me...

I had the same issue. I had been playing with a couple different DVD rips and encodes and was trying handbrake out. DVDShrink could open the file, but handbrake and other powerDVD could not.

I deleted the ifo and bups, used ifoedit to recreate the ifos and then handbrake was able to find the title and encode the file.