Vista compatibility problems?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
colin7

Vista compatibility problems?

Post by colin7 »

Hi, I just downloaded the new beta of handbrake and DVD43. When I try and find the source file (VIDEO_TS), but when I click on the DVD drive, a window pops up titled "Burn a disc" and it says "Prepare this blank disc" with a space for a title. It isnt letting me get into the DVD's files for some reason. I have Vista, and im wondering if this is just a compatibility issue. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

This is nothing to do with Handbrake.....

Handbrake doesn't even burn discs. I can only assume your using some feature built into vista.
colin7

Post by colin7 »

exactly, it doesnt, which is why i posted it as a problem here.
roflmaocopterzor

Post by roflmaocopterzor »

You shouldn't be double clicking the DVD drive in any step.

http://roflmaocopterzor.googlepages.com is my guide, follow that. Remember to read the red text above the download link. It was made for version 2.1, but it will soon be updated for v2.2, and it still basically makes sense.
colin7

Post by colin7 »

i dont double click it. i single click the DVD drive and that message still comes up. i even tried right clicking and selecting explore and open, but got the same thing.

one thing i did notice, though, is when i turned off DVD43, i was able to access the video file. i followed the steps that way, but it still didnt work.