Handbrake GUI 2.21 Beta - IS OUT!

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
s55
HandBrake Team

Handbrake GUI 2.21 Beta - IS OUT!

Post by s55 »

Version 2.21 Beta - Patch Details

The download link on the homepage & download page have been updated.

###Changes Since 2.2
- Fixed: Queue Windows forgets queued items when closed.
- Changed: Removed Minimise, Maximise and close options from the Program bar
- Fixed: Clicking Cancel on the Save File Dialog box caused an Unhandled Exception
- Fixed: AutoCroping Unhandled Exception if no title was selected.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

Greetings. First post here so please be gentle. :D

Thank you sr55 for bringing HandBrake, a slice of Apple application, to Windows. I absolutely love this tool!

Version 2.1 Beta would have been PERFECT for my needs if it didn't lack the queue function. This is the only reason I downloaded version 2.21 Beta.

Now with 2.21 I can't load a DVD/ISO at all. I get error messages constantly. I re-installed 2.1 and it worked just like before, but re-installed the newer 2.21 again, and have the same problem again.

Did I do something wrong? Hopefully it's just a bug and it will be fixed soon. Here's the error in Tools->View DVD Data:

------- DVD Information -------
HandBrake 0.8.5b1 (2007042001) - http://handbrake.m0k.org/
Opening I:\VIDEO_TS...

I'm running it in XP.

It's very similar to another recent post in this forum.

Anyway thanks for reading. I hope for good news soon. Nevertheless, I appreciate your team's hard work in bringing this tool to us. :D
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

What are you using to decrypt the DVD?
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

DVD43. If it's a conflict with my decrypter let me know but I don't think so.

None of my DvDs or disc images are commercial or encrypted or anything, only "home-made" from my PVR - just a couple of personal clips or some stuff from TV.

These exact same discs and disc images worked fine on 2.1 but the exact same ones don't load on 2.21, even after re-installing both apps again.

I don't mind uploading a small sample of a disc image somewhere if it will help with development, if it's a bug. I do appreciate your response and help too.

I'm still hopeful. :D
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

A Small sample would be useful. IF its home made dvd's make sure DVD43 etc is closed. Could be interfearing with it.

It does look like its the CLI thats failing but i'd want a test image, say 10~15MB to try it out.

If ya need somewhere to upload it let me know and i'l arrange it.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

Hello again,

I'm on my way to the office right now so I won't be able to test DVD43 or give you a sample till later on tonight, but I will be more than glad to give you one to help us both out.

I can give you a small .iso or .nrg, no problem.

I can use MediaFire, but if you have a preference of uploading or me delivering a sample let me know.

Thanks!
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

I used Nero’s .nrg format for the Disc Image File. If anybody knows about a conversion tool from .nrg to .iso that doesn’t suck, please post it. :D

Anyhow, here's the Disc Image File:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b3mzggymfby

The Disc Image has 4 titles, but the first 3 are too small to be read apparently by HandBrake. (I tried to keep them small!) No problem anyway. The 4th title, which is a bit bigger, is read by Handbrake easily.

Version 2.1 reads this image file easily. Version 2.21 does not. In fact, 2.21 hasn’t read anything for me yet (which is the reason for my posts).

If it is a bug, hopefully this helps in development. In the meantime hopefully it makes you laugh. :lol:

Thanks again!
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

nrg is fine.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

2.22 Is out. Made a few changes which are detailed in the post.
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Post by PuzZLeR »

Great, thanks! :D