Can read DVD ? READ THIS :)

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Titan

Can read DVD ? READ THIS :)

Post by Titan »

I just join the forums recently and have seen a lot of the "HandBrake wont read DVD" threads. This is probably the most common issue since all DVDs have some form of copy protection.

So first of all if its not reading the disc it needs to be Decrypted. You will do this by installing...

DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0. <-- Right click save target as... 878KB

Step 1,
Once installed open it up and goto the Mode menu "it's right beside tools". Click on ISO / READ. That will ensure that the DVD is made into an .ISO file on your Hard Drive. Make sure you have at least 10GB free.

Step 2,
Click the DVD / Hard Drive icon in the program, it will ask you where you want to save it to.
It may take anywhere from 10-30mins to read a DL disc "depends on your system specs".

Once its done reading use Daemon Tools 4.9 x86 to mount the .ISO.

Once its mounted go back into HandBrake and get it to read the image "ISO" that you mounted onto the virtual drive, then you select what titles you rant to encode, go through the rest of the settings in handbreak and voila. :)

I hope my post was useful.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Just rember that DVD_Decryptor cannot remove all protections. Any newer protections will more than likely fool it.
MLPenn

Still not reading

Post by MLPenn »

Titan,

I am done everything that you suggested and HB is still not reading the info. Comes up as not responding. I have the DVD decrypted and on my desktop. I had HB to try to open the .iso file on my desktop and it stops responding. I then try to use Daemon Tools and try to open the file on that drive. Still not responding. One thing you do state in your message is that Daemon should see a .iso file mounted. That is one thing that is not seeing. It is an .iso file on my desktop, but when I use Daemon and try to open the file on my F: drive, there is no .iso file. Am I missing a step here some where?
Thanks for any help.

MLPenn
TomWaddle

Post by TomWaddle »

Question for Titan: Why mount the ISO image when it can be done through HB?