TV shows - multiple episodes

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
hokie

TV shows - multiple episodes

Post by hokie »

Hello,
I am new to the forum but have read the FAQs and the Handbrake for Windows Guide multiple times and still can't seem to figure out my problem. I have DVD43 and Handbrake installed. When I browse to select a dvd source, that works fine but when I click on ReadDVD nothing seems to happen. I click okay to close the "Reading DVD" message window and am taken to the "Read DVD" window. When I click on either of the two tabs ("Select Title" or "View DVD Information") and then click on the "View Data" button I don't see anything. No error messages, no list of files on the DVD, nothing. So, I went ahead and guessed on the aspect ratio settings and set the other settings according to the User's Guide and clicked "Encode Video". The encoding seemed to work fine and I am watching a full length movie on my iPod right now. The problem is, I now want to encode a TV show DVD which has 7 separate episodes on it. When I tried to encode the disc, it encoded only the first episode. I think that this must have something to do with the disc not being read fully -- I can't select multiple episodes because nothing shows up on the disc view data screen. But then, if the disc wasn't being read right because of protection that DVD43 couldn't deal with, how could I manage to successfully encode the first episode? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Are you using Windows Vista by any chance?

The GUI needs to be run in Administrator mode under vista. I think you can do that by right clicking the shortcut but I am not sure as I don't happen to use vista.

Once its in admin mode it should be able to read the DVD data correctly.
hokie

Post by hokie »

Nope, not using Vista... Windows XP. But I'll try running the program under my admin account.
Thanks.
roflmaocopterzor

Post by roflmaocopterzor »

Just write

under "Title" for the 2nd episode,

for the 3rd, so on, so forth.