How to add "film tune" advance option?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
sam2018

How to add "film tune" advance option?

Post by sam2018 »

Description of problem or question:
How can i add "film tune" advance option. is it like this?

Code: Select all

deblock=1:-1:-1:tune film:chroma-me=1......
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: How to add "film tune" advance option?

Post by s55 »

You don't. Tune is dropdown on the Video Tab.
sam2018

Post by sam2018 »

if i tick "User Advanced tab instead" handbreak don't allow to use dropdown option of tune settings
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

The "advanced tab" is deprecated for a number of reasons. You don't need it, unless you slavishly follow recommendations of YouTube "experts" published for versions of handbrake that haven't been supported for years.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Woodstock wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:28 pmunless you slavishly follow recommendations of YouTube "experts" published for versions of handbrake that haven't been supported for years.
That were wrong to begin with.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

sam2018 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:48 pmif i tick "User Advanced tab instead" handbreak don't allow to use dropdown option of tune settings
Then you need to apply it manually by changing the individual settings.
sam2018

Post by sam2018 »

Rodeo wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:48 pm
sam2018 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:48 pmif i tick "User Advanced tab instead" handbreak don't allow to use dropdown option of tune settings
Then you need to apply it manually by changing the individual settings.
yes i added other settings, but i am not sure how to add film tune settings for advanced tab. could you please tell me how can i add?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

If you don't know enough to apply the film tune, you really don't know enough to be using the advanced tab at all.

You've got a lot of reading and understanding ahead of you, or you should not use the advanced tab.
sam2018

Post by sam2018 »

mduell wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:32 pm If you don't know enough to apply the film tune, you really don't know enough to be using the advanced tab at all.

You've got a lot of reading and understanding ahead of you, or you should not use the advanced tab.
thanks your reply really help me out...lol
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

For someone who doesn't understand how to apply a tune via advanced options, whatever you're putting in the advanced tab probably isn't helpful, doesn't do what you think it does, or is better done other ways (like the encoder preset system).
sam2018

Post by sam2018 »

mduell wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:57 pm For someone who doesn't understand how to apply a tune via advanced options, whatever you're putting in the advanced tab probably isn't helpful, doesn't do what you think it does, or is better done other ways (like the encoder preset system).
probably not helpful? did you mean if someone don't know how to add film tune in advance settings never should ask how to use advance settings? i started to use handbrake 2days ago...i encoding video more than a decade...so i guess i have some basic knowledge about video encoding which settings can do what effect on video....anyway i will try to figure it out by myself...no need to act like it's some rocket science so only high level brain can understand.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Sam, you must consider that the majority of people who want to use the advanced tab are doing so only because they saw a youtube guru explain how to set up handbrake 0.9.7 to properly encode a 120FPS recording from their first-person shooter program.

In the case of NLMeans, if you do NOT have the advanced tab turned on, you can enter the parameters directly in the Filters tab.

If you want to make small tweaks the x264 or x265 encoder because you've found a particular option that isn't QUITE what you want, the Video tab has "Extra Options" that can be used to modify things, which is pretty much what people USED to do with the Advanced tab.

So, when we see someone insistent on how to do something on the advanced tab that is already done more simply on the other tabs, in a way less likely to "do bad things", we're going to steer them back towards "doing it simply".
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

A high schooler could understand it. But I don't think you do, and I don't think it's a good idea to be using arbitrary advanced options when you don't.