With upcoming changes to data protection and privacy laws in Europe coming into effect soon, we thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that we do have a privacy policy.
This applies to all users and visitors world-wide.

We have made a few changes to the language to make it clearer in relation to this new regulation but fundamentally, the terms and your rights are unchanged.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask in the General Forum

Backup profiles?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Vittorrio

Backup profiles?

Post by Vittorrio » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi all,
I am hoping to get a decent upgrade for my computer and want to wipe my hard drive and start from scratch where windows is concerned. I was hoping someone could tell me how I can go about backing up my profiles in handbrake as I have them exactly how I want and it's a bit tedious having to input them all over again.
Is this even possible?
Thanks

Rodeo
HandBrake Team

Re: Backup profiles?

Post by Rodeo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Yes, but I don't remember where the presets file is stored under Windows. I'm sure someone will chime in eventually.

Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

You can export them to files and save those; that process allows you to save them where ever you want.

s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 pm

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake

Note, only when keeping the same version of HandBrake. Otherwise the only option is to redo presets as we don't currently support converting presets between versions

Vittorrio

Post by Vittorrio » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Great! Thanks guys. That helps a lot