Question | Use a built in preset but disable an argument

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
BurkDP

Question | Use a built in preset but disable an argument

Post by BurkDP »

Is it possible to use a built in preset, but disable an arguement.

Specifically, when I encode some TV shows the entire episode is on chapter and the iPod presets put in chapter markers. It just looks nicer when you don't have the chapter select. I do it by simply using the preset list that displays all of what goes into them and copy'n'paste sans -m, but I was curious if there was a simpler way, like

Code: Select all

--preset="iPhone / iPod Touch" -m=no
or something. I read the post about using custom presets but I don't know spit about coding so editing the source isn't an option. That and I play it fast and loose using the svn so it could change.

If it's not, should I even move this to the ponies section? I don't want to be a bother and ask for something that would be a pain in the ass to implement.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and for any feedback.

And if this is a redundant post, sorry - I did look through the first 2 pages at least. Since I do play it fast and loose with the svn (it's never broken it, so I've never stopped) I figured more than that and it might have changed.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Question | Use a built in preset but disable an argument

Post by jbrjake »

When you run --preset-list, you can see exactly what options each preset uses. Copy and paste them, remove the -m.

Sorry, custom CLI presets will come eventually. -m can't have an =no function because it already uses its = optional argument to load chapter titles from a file.
BurkDP

Re: Question | Use a built in preset but disable an argument

Post by BurkDP »

Thanks. I already do the copying and pasting, but it couldn't hurt to see if there's an easier way. The -m having an = makes sense because I do use .csv chapter files (a real time saver over the gui for TV shows which often have repetitive chapter titles).

Thanks for the prompt response. I figured this wasn't going to get one b/c it really only affects me. I really do love this app and I'm always amazed at how much work it must take to make it so slick. Extreme thanks to the dedicated devs.

PS - this may be in bad taste, but how hard would it be to add a -nm option (like how you can add arguments after a preset)? I'm not ponying for it, I'm just curious.