Command line suggestions?

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
darqman

Command line suggestions?

Post by darqman »

Newbie here asking for help.

I was exporting TV episodes using HandBrake's UI. Then I discovered HandBrakeCLI.exe and decided to write a .NET Winform app to automate the process. Everything works great, but the older 70's shows are jerky when played. The newer programs play fine. This command line I'm using is below, any suggestions to improve encoding the older shows so the video plays smooth? My source is a the VIDEO_TS folder and the video is fine when playing the source directly.

--format av_mp4 --first-audio --aencoder copy:ac3 --markers --encoder x264 --vfr --quality 20 --decomb bob

Thanks
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Command line suggestions?

Post by rollin_eng »

Use the built in preset that best suits your needs.

If you are having any issues please post your logs.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Your older TV episodes are likely Kinescopes. Try a Detelecine filter in Handbrake.
darqman

Post by darqman »

musicvid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:41 pm Your older TV episodes are likely Kinescopes. Try a Detelecine filter in Handbrake.

Thanks, I will look at that!