https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/ ... recursive/
Ideally, I'd like to do this in a more simple way, over command line or bash script. Does anybody use anything similar as I'm sure it's a common query, I just couldn't find anything that does exactly what I needed:
- script that allows specifying input and output directories
- input and output directory can be the same or different. If different, the output directory however needs to replicate the (sub-)folder structure of the original path.
- if folders are the same, filename extension ....-converted.mp4 would be needed
- settings can be fixed at 1920x1080 x 30p for all, unless original is already lower-res (see below "bonus" query about preserving original resolution
- should recursively scan all folders and place the converted video
- needs to use NVIDIA GPU
- "bonus" query: it would of course be great if handbrake could maintain the original resolution and frame rate and just re-compress the video itself. This way, I could throw HD and 4K content at the script without having to worry about losing detail in the footage beyond the compression impact of course.
Who can help me with this script or point me to a good resource? Ideally so that I can run it as a cron-job, maybe once a week?
Thanks folks, really appreciate the support. I love handbrake, so would prefer to stick with it.