CLI --main-feature option picked "Descriptive Audio" title

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
KPureblade

CLI --main-feature option picked "Descriptive Audio" title

Post by KPureblade »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
I've got everything mostly working so that by simply placing a Blu-ray disc into my disc drive, the disc is ripped and encoded automatically without my intervention. Yesterday, I tried ripping the Beauty and the Beast Live Action movie blu-ray. It worked, except the only audio track was for a "Descriptive Audio" option, which explains every little detail for someone that is visually impaired. Manual intervention was required at this point... since it's a headless server, I had to transfer the raw disc dump to my Windows machine, and analyze the contents. I then went back to the server and replaced the --main-feature option with --title 183.

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What operating system are you running. etc.
Headless machine running Fedora 25 Server. Using the "Automatic Ripping Machine" github project, the system detects when a blu-ray disc is inserted and kicks off a series of scripts. It runs MakeMKV to make a full backup of the disc to a filesystem. Then HandbrakeCLI uses these files to encoding the new MKV file. Finally, filebot names and places the file, and informs Plex to re-scan.

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

Code: Select all

Searching for main feature title...
 + Title (0) index 1 has length 30sec
 + Title (1) index 6 has length 13sec
 + Title (2) index 8 has length 13sec
 + Title (3) index 9 has length 51sec
 + Title (4) index 10 has length 51sec
 + Title (5) index 14 has length 7756sec
Found main feature title 14
Please include the scan or encode log:

https://pastebin.com/ddPP71nJ

Anything I can do about this, or is manual intervention required? It's a bit of a hassle considering my Fedora machine is headless and doesn't have a GUI... I guess if anyone can tell me how to analyze the rip from the command line, that would at least be a little less painful.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: CLI --main-feature option picked "Descriptive Audio" title

Post by rollin_eng »

Unfortunately many discs have multiple versions of the same movie on them so any auto encode will never be perfect.

Edit: What do you want to analyse from your rip?
KPureblade

Post by KPureblade »

Just an easy way from the command line that I could determine the appropriate title to specify would be huge. If the --main-feature is going to pick the wrong title, then I need a way to find the right one... so far the only way I know to do this is with a GUI, but that doesn't work on my headless server.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Does the script you mention do anything for dealing with play list obfuscation? MakeMKV's graphic interface can make use of an installed Java Runtime Environment to better guess at which title is the "real" main feature. Handbrake's CLI isn't that good at it.