HandBrakeCLI fails at incomplete frame.

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
widgeteye

HandBrakeCLI fails at incomplete frame.

Post by widgeteye »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

I use HandBrakeCLI in a post process script in plex to convert downloaded HDhomerun OTR tv files to .mp4 files which works most of the time but sometimes I get an incomplete frame from HDhomerun and when this happens HandBrakeCLI hangs at that point and fails to complete. I have a 4 core processor and three cores drop out at this point and one continues at 100% until I kill it.

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What operating system are you running. etc.

I'm using Linux OS, I can't find the version of HandBrakeCLI

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

Here's what I discovered at the end of HandBrakeCLI That stopped the process at 1 second to go.
Encoding: task 1 of 1, 99.77 % (75.56 fps, avg 82.93 fps, ETA 00h00m01s)[ac3 @ 0x7f65b83ddf60] incomplete frame
[12:04:34] reader: done. 1 scr changes
[12:04:58] sync: got 53882 frames, 53957 expected

THree processors stopped and 1 continued at ETA 00h00m01s Because of an incomplete frame in ac3

HERE'S THE COMMAND LINE:

Code: Select all

$PGMNAME -i "$1" -o "$BASEPATH/$FILENAME.mp4"  --width 1280 --height 720 -s 1 --subtitle-burned --preset Normal 

Is there some way to force HandBrakeCLI to skip this frame and finish?
Thanks
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: HandBrakeCLI fails at incomplete frame.

Post by Woodstock »

You would have to tell handbrake to stop encoding prior to that frame. handbrake doesn't "skip" individual frames.
widgeteye

Post by widgeteye »

That can't work because it isn't always the same frame. I realize I could save the tv show by doing this manually but the script is an automatic post processing script and this would defeat the purpose. Guess I'll try ffmpeg. But thanks for the reply.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

The key would be to find out what the AC3 stream is being broken in the first place. Logs might show that there are other things broken in the data stream, as usually happens with programs recorded over the air.