What am I doing wrong? (Audio 2 and 3 not working but present)

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Nymmie

What am I doing wrong? (Audio 2 and 3 not working but present)

Post by Nymmie »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
After Encode, Audio 2 and 3 are present in the file but when I play it and change to the other audio tracks, no sound plays except an occasional click and the video speeds up.

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Linux / Unix are you running. etc.
Windows Environment using Bash on Windows, running Handbrake 1.0.4 (suppose i could say i'm running this inside a VM hosted on a Mac.... i'm not though

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:
Exited without error

Please include the scan or encode log: https://pastebin.com/Ei2wAUq0

Bash Command Being Entered:

Code: Select all

HandBrakeCLI -i "/mnt/f/DVD BD Folders/Star Trek The Next Generation/Season 01/Episode 01 'Encounter at Farpoint'.mkv" -o "/mnt/g/Video/Currently Encoding/TV/Star Trek The Next Generation/Season 01/Episode 01 'Encounter at Farpoint'.mkv" --encoder x264 --encoder-preset ultrafast --vb 3000 --rate 23.976 --cfr --audio 1,2,3 --aencoder copy:dtshd,copy:ac3,copy:ac3 --aname Remastered,Original,Japanese --width 1440 --height 1080 --crop 0:0:240:240 --non-anamorphic --subtitle 1,7 --start-at duration:300 --stop-at duration:320 2> "/mnt/g/Video/Currently Encoding/TV/Star Trek The Next Generation/Season 01/Episode 01 'Encounter at Farpoint'.txt"
EDIT:Resultant file seems to work in VLC but has a studder when shifting from 1 stream to another... would really like to get working in MPC-HC
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: What am I doing wrong? (Audio 2 and 3 not working but present)

Post by Woodstock »

By "stutter", do you mean the audio does not start immediately, or the video jumps around?

I cannot speak to MPC-HC (don't use it), but I have a number of other players that have a gap in the audio when you change from one encoding to another. It gets especially noticeable when the audio is playing through the theater amplifier.
Nymmie

Re: What am I doing wrong? (Audio 2 and 3 not working but present)

Post by Nymmie »

Woodstock wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:38 pm By "stutter", do you mean the audio does not start immediately, or the video jumps around?
Sound doesn't start immediately, video 'pauses' for 1/2 a sec, new audio starts, then both audio and video 'catch up to where they would have been without the pause.

That's about the most accurate that I could describe what happens with the stutter.