Using the GUI queue in CLI

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bcampag

Using the GUI queue in CLI

Post by bcampag »

Preface: I'll just bet this is covered somewhere already, however searching thirty pages of index is not 100%.

Issue: I recently upgraded to handbrake 1.0.3. My previous version, with which I was very pleased, allowed me to do a partial encoding, then view the log to get the CLI command line for use in batch processing. I am not able to do this in 1.0.3. I can't seem to get the CLI --QUEUE-IMPORT-FILE to work. I've tried using both the hb_queue_recovery.xml and also used the queue export function. CLI terminates with "Invalid queue file". The CLI docs are, from what little I can find, less than useful.

I need some help with this. It is essential I be able to schedule conversions to occur when I am not using the computer for other purposes. Absent assistance, I'll have to uninstall this version of HB and fall back.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Using the GUI queue in CLI

Post by mduell »

The Windows HB GUI doesn't use the CLI anymore, so the CLI strings are not generated by the GUI.

For help with your queue importing problem, you haven't provided us with any useful information. A good starting point would be the contents of those files you've tried, the commands you've used, and the output of doing those.

Or you could learn to use the CLI. It's not terribly complicated and it's reasonably documented.
bcampag

Re: Using the GUI queue in CLI

Post by bcampag »

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately it does not address my question as to how one generates a file from within the GUI which may be used with the CLI --QUEUE-IMPORT-FILE parameter. Rather, that should have been my question, but I must not have stated it clearly. I can't seem to find the CLI documentation to which you refer. All I'm finding is a screen dump from the --HELP parameter, which I've already read. This used to be so easy. I can't understand why it has become so much more complicated. Perhaps I'm dense (I think I'm not) but it looks like my best option is to reinstall the older version. Thanks for your time, and attempt to help.