Auto-select audio track for passthru

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mrtumnus
New User

Auto-select audio track for passthru

Post by mrtumnus »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
Is there a way to auto-select the source audio track for passthru of certain encodings? I have some files that have an audio encoding on the first track that I do not want to passthru (in this case, truehd). I would like to select the next track that matches one of the --audio-copy-mask encodings. Presently, HandBrake simply drops the first track (which has an encoding not included in --audio-copy-mask) and does not try to passthru any track. I would like to select the 2nd track, which has AC3 encoding.

Here are my command line arguments:

Code: Select all

HandBrakeCLI \
         --verbose=1 \
         --input "$FILE" --main-feature --angle 1 \
         --output "$dest/$filename.$DEST_EXT" --format "$DEST_EXT" --markers \
         --encoder "x264" --encoder-profile "high" --encoder-level "4.1" --quality 20 --cfr \
         --aencoder "copy,av_aac" --audio-copy-mask "dtshd,dts,ac3" --ab ",160" --mixdown "dpl2" \
         --strict-anamorphic \
         --decomb \
         --native-language "eng"
Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What operating system are you running. etc.
HandBrake 0.10.5 (2016021100) - Linux x86_64
Ubuntu 16.04 x64

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

Code: Select all

[11:49:45] Auto Passthru: allowed codecs are AC3, DTS, DTS-HD
[11:49:45] Auto Passthru: no valid fallback specified
[11:49:45] Auto Passthru: passthru not possible and no valid fallback specified, dropping track 1
Please include the scan or encode log:
http://pastebin.com/yG86GpfJ
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Auto-select audio track for passthru

Post by Woodstock »

If your source isn't one of the available allowed types for auto pass through, you need to specify a fall-back for encoding, or the track won't be used.

The current version 1.0.x has more types that can pass through. "truehd" is one of the added ones.