Hardsub option problem

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
prideovermatter

Hardsub option problem

Post by prideovermatter »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
Hi, i was wondering how to get the hard sub work with the CLI. Any idea why the option is unknown?
Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What operating system are you running. etc.
CentOS6
Handbrake v. 0.9.9
If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:
N/A
Please include the scan or encode log:

Code: Select all

HandBrakeCLI --srt-burn
HandBrakeCLI: unrecognized option '--srt-burn'
unknown option (--srt-burn)
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Hardsub option problem

Post by rollin_eng »

First update to the latest version or nightly:

https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Then could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

HandBrake 0.9.9 cannot burn text-based subtitles.
prideovermatter

when im trying to install the latest version downloaded directly from handbrake.

[root@6323 HandBrake-0.10.5]# ./configure --launch --disable-gtk
probe: host tuple...(pass) x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
compute: available architectures...(pass) x86_64
find: ar...(pass) /usr/bin/ar
find: cp...(pass) /bin/cp
find: curl...(pass) /usr/bin/curl
find: gcc...(pass) /usr/bin/gcc
find: gmake...(pass) /usr/bin/gmake
find: m4...(pass) /usr/bin/m4
find: mkdir...(pass) /bin/mkdir
find: gpatch...(pass) /usr/bin/patch
find: rm...(pass) /bin/rm
find: ranlib...(pass) /usr/bin/ranlib
find: strip...(pass) /usr/bin/strip
find: gtar...(pass) /bin/gtar
find: wget...(pass) /usr/bin/wget
find: yasm...(pass) /usr/bin/yasm
find: autoconf...(pass) /usr/bin/autoconf
find: automake...(pass) /usr/bin/automake
find: cmake...(pass) /usr/bin/cmake
find: libtool...(pass) /usr/bin/libtool
find: pkg-config...(pass) /usr/bin/pkg-config
find: xcodebuild...(fail) not found
find: lipo...(fail) not found
select: fetch...(pass) wget (/usr/bin/wget)
compute: build tuple...(pass) x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
probe: number of CPU cores...(pass) 8
probe: repo info...(fail) code 128
probe: version.txt...(fail)
compute: project data...(pass) HandBrake (release)
version probe: yasm...(pass) 1.2.0
compute: makevar SRC/    = ..
compute: makevar BUILD/  = .
compute: makevar PREFIX/ = /usr/local
ERROR: build directory already exists: ./build (use --force to overwrite); confi                                                                                                                                                             gure stop.
[root@6323 HandBrake-0.10.5]# ./configure --launch --disable-gtk --force
chdir: ./build
write: GNUmakefile
write: project/handbrake.m4
write: log/build.txt
time begin: Mon Sep 12 17:01:58 2016
launch: /usr/bin/gmake -j1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  : /usr/bin/m4 -Iproject ../libhb/project.h.m4 > libhb/project.h
  : set -e; cd ./contrib/ffmpeg/libav-v10.1/; ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/sr                                                                                                                                                             c/HandBrake-0.10.5/build/contrib/ --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-gpl                                                                                                                                                              --disable-doc --disable-bsfs --enable-bsf=aac_adtstoasc --disable-avconv --disab                                                                                                                                                             le-avplay --disable-avprobe --disable-avdevice --disable-avfilter --disable-avse                                                                                                                                                             rver --disable-muxers --disable-network --disable-hwaccels --disable-encoders --                                                                                                                                                             enable-libmp3lame --enable-encoder=aac --enable-encoder=ac3 --enable-encoder=fla                                                                                                                                                             c --enable-encoder=mpeg2video --enable-encoder=mpeg4 --enable-encoder=libmp3lame                                                                                                                                                              --enable-libvpx --enable-encoder=libvpx_vp8 --disable-decoder=libvpx_vp8 --enab                                                                                                                                                             le-zlib --enable-bzlib --cc="/usr/bin/gcc" --extra-ldflags=" -L/usr/local/src/Ha                                                                                                                                                             ndBrake-0.10.5/build/contrib/lib" --enable-muxer=matroska --enable-muxer=webm --                                                                                                                                                             enable-muxer=mov --enable-muxer=mp4 --enable-muxer=psp --enable-muxer=ipod --ena                                                                                                                                                             ble-pthreads --disable-debug --extra-cflags=" -I/usr/local/src/HandBrake-0.10.5/                                                                                                                                                             build/contrib/include -DNDEBUG"
  : ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found
  :
  : If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
  : version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
  : libav-tools@libav.org mailing list or IRC #libav on irc.freenode.net.
  : Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
  : solving the problem.
  : gmake: *** [contrib/ffmpeg/.stamp.configure] Error 1
time end: Mon Sep 12 17:02:02 2016
duration: 3 seconds (3.39s)
result: FAILURE (code 2)
Build is finished!
You may now cd into ./build and examine the output.
Deleted User 11865

You're missing one (and most likely many more) dependencies. Check the doc subfolder in your source code checkout.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

: ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found

For one.

Be warned, it may be a tad on the tricky side to compile on CentOS. They do ship a lot of older libraries which may be too old to compile HandBrake with. Either way, if you do as rodeo say and check the docs included, it lists the key dependencies for unbutu / fedora so you can probably map them to centos.
prideovermatter

Thanks for the reponses, I am new with Linux so please bear with me a little.
When i try to run "yum install lib3mp3lame", i get "Package libmp3lame-3.98.4-4.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version". So i am quite puzzled why this error appears.
Deleted User 11865

You don't need libmp3lame. The required package is indicated in the documentation.
prideovermatter

After running these as per the doc

sudo yum groupinstall "Development Tools" "Development Libraries" "X Software Development" "GNOME Software Development"

yum install patch intltool libtool cmake gcc-c++ yasm zlib-devel bzip2-devel libogg-devel libtheora-devel libvorbis-devel libsamplerate-devel libxml2-devel fribidi-devel freetype-devel fontconfig-devel libass-devel lame-devel x264-devel dbus-glib-devel libgudev1-devel webkitgtk3-devel libnotify-devel gstreamer1-devel gstreamer1-plugins-base-devel
I am now getting this after running "./configure --launch --disable-gtk'

chdir: ./build
write: GNUmakefile
write: project/handbrake.m4
write: log/build.txt
time begin: Mon Sep 12 18:51:30 2016
launch: /usr/bin/gmake -j1
  : ../libhb/module.rules:21: warning: overriding commands for target `libhb/project.h'
  : ../libhb/module.rules:17: warning: ignoring old commands for target `libhb/project.h'
  : /bin/cp ../libhb/project.h libhb/project.h
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/audio_remap.c -o libhb/audio_remap.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/audio_resample.c -o libhb/audio_resample.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/batch.c -o libhb/batch.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/bd.c -o libhb/bd.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/colormap.c -o libhb/colormap.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/common.c -o libhb/common.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/cropscale.c -o libhb/cropscale.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/deblock.c -o libhb/deblock.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/decavcodec.c -o libhb/decavcodec.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/deccc608sub.c -o libhb/deccc608sub.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/declpcm.c -o libhb/declpcm.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/decomb.c -o libhb/decomb.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/decpgssub.c -o libhb/decpgssub.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/decsrtsub.c -o libhb/decsrtsub.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/decssasub.c -o libhb/decssasub.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/dectx3gsub.c -o libhb/dectx3gsub.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/decutf8sub.c -o libhb/decutf8sub.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/decvobsub.c -o libhb/decvobsub.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/deinterlace.c -o libhb/deinterlace.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/demuxmpeg.c -o libhb/demuxmpeg.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/denoise.c -o libhb/denoise.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/detelecine.c -o libhb/detelecine.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/dvd.c -o libhb/dvd.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/dvdnav.c -o libhb/dvdnav.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/dxva2api.c -o libhb/dxva2api.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/eedi2.c -o libhb/eedi2.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/encavcodecaudio.c -o libhb/encavcodecaudio.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/encavcodec.c -o libhb/encavcodec.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/enc_qsv.c -o libhb/enc_qsv.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/enctheora.c -o libhb/enctheora.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/encvobsub.c -o libhb/encvobsub.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/encvorbis.c -o libhb/encvorbis.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/encx264.c -o libhb/encx264.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/encx265.c -o libhb/encx265.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/fifo.c -o libhb/fifo.o
  : /usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -c ../libhb/hb.c -o libhb/hb.o
  : ../libhb/hb.c:508: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_TITLE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:509: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_NAME’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:510: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_URL_WEBSITE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:511: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_URL_COMMUNITY’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:512: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_URL_IRC’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:513: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_VERSION’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:514: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_BUILD’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:515: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_REPO_URL’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:516: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_REPO_TAG’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:517: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_REPO_REV’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:518: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_REPO_HASH’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:519: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_REPO_BRANCH’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:520: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_REPO_REMOTE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : ../libhb/hb.c:521: error: ‘HB_PROJECT_REPO_TYPE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  : gmake: *** [libhb/hb.o] Error 1
time end: Mon Sep 12 18:51:40 2016
duration: 9 seconds (9.47s)
result: FAILURE (code 2)
Build is finished!
You may now cd into ./build and examine the output.
Deleted User 11865

Hmm, that's probably a build system bug that's been fixed in the master branch :-(

Just be be sure, you do have the 'git' package installed, correct?
prideovermatter

i don't think i do. i tried following this tutorial, only that i changed the version mentioned in the article from 0.9.9 to 0.10.5
http://www.dandev.com/2013/10/install-h ... entos-6-4/

Can you shed some light on how to have 'git' package installed ?
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

The groupinstall of "Development Tools" installs git on fedora. Perhaps centos does not have the same group contents. In any case, "sudo yum install git" will install git.
prideovermatter

Please check if I did it correctly,

wget -O git.zip https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/archive/master.zip
unzip git.zip
cd HandBrake-master
./configure --launch --disable-gtk
then this time, I got this
find: gm4...(pass) /usr/bin/m4
compute: project data...Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./make/configure.py", line 1582, in <module>
action.run()
File "./make/configure.py", line 281, in run
self._action()
File "./make/configure.py", line 839, in _action
self.version = repo.date.strftime("%Y%m%d%H%M%S")
ValueError: year=1 is before 1900; the datetime strftime() methods require year >= 1900
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

checkout the github repo with git. Don't use GitHubs zip packages as they don't include the git repo info that the build system requires.

git clone https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake.git HandBrake-master
Deleted User 11865

JohnAStebbins wrote:In any case, "sudo yum install git" will install git.
…once git is installed, I suggest:

git clone https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake.git
cd HandBrake
git checkout 0.10.5
That will give you HandBrake 0.10.5 sources, inside a git repository.

Not sure about the other issue above, I thought it was fixed in master, maybe it's still a pull request?
prideovermatter

Rodeo wrote:
JohnAStebbins wrote:In any case, "sudo yum install git" will install git.
…once git is installed, I suggest:

git clone https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake.git
cd HandBrake
git checkout 0.10.5
That will give you HandBrake 0.10.5 sources, inside a git repository.

Not sure about the other issue above, I thought it was fixed in master, maybe it's still a pull request?

Thank you very much, along with this
nhyone wrote:I encountered the same error on RHEL 6.7. I downloaded the 0.10.5 tar.bz file from HB directly, of course.

probe: number of CPU cores...(pass) 32
compute: project data...Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./make/configure.py", line 1529, in <module>
    action.run()
  File "./make/configure.py", line 274, in run
    self._action()
  File "./make/configure.py", line 821, in _action
    m = re.match( '^([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)-?(.*)?$', repo.tag )
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/re.py", line 137, in match
    return _compile(pattern, flags).match(string)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/re.py", line 245, in _compile
    raise error, v # invalid expression
sre_constants.error: nothing to repeat
The problem is with '^([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)-?(.*)?$'. Python thinks it is illegal. I was able to make it work by removing the last ?: '^([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)-?(.*)$', which has the same meaning, actually.

The other minor problem is that the CPU cores is capped at 32. I ran this on a system with 40 cores. Only 32 are detected.
from CentOS6 compile issue thread, i am now able to successfully compile HandBrake 0.10.5.

Thank you very much for all the help guys.