HDHomeRun, ComSkip, Handbrake, Plex

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
phathak

HDHomeRun, ComSkip, Handbrake, Plex

Post by phathak »

Hello,

I'm looking for an OSX solution that would help me achieve this goal. My entire environment is in OSX. I'm using a HDHomeRun to record tv shows for my kid and I'd like to get rid of the commercials. I want a command line solution that I could automate after testing it thoroughly.

Yesterday I heard about comskip that would generate a edl/csv/txt file from where other softwares like NextPVR (but not Plex...) can read when to skip commercials. I was wondering if handbrake could use these files to cut out the commercials out of a mpg file and then reencode it. When I say reencode I mean that I also need to compress the file to a lower resolution in order to save disk space. 30 minutes of recording is about 4gb so...

Thank you!
Deleted User 13735

Re: HDHomeRun, ComSkip, Handbrake, Plex

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

No Handbrake will not open EDLs directly. With a little imagination and perseverance, anything can be scripted.
If you were in Windows, the out-of-box solution is VideoRedo.

[EDIT] Oh, I see you already knew that from the thread you visited on the Feature Requests page :?