x265 on CentOS7 CLI

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
racinrandall

x265 on CentOS7 CLI

Post by racinrandall »

I just did a fresh minimal install of CentOS 7 on an old Dell R900 24 core server I want to use for encoding with HB. I was going to use Ubuntu since getting HB working on my Ubuntu Desktop was smooth and easy. However for whatever reason Ubuntu didn't like the server.

The problem I am having is that I want to use x265 but HB is telling me it is an invalid codec. I have found some guides online to compile x265 but I keep getting an error. Is there a package I can just install that includes the x265 codec and will allow HB to use it?

This is a CLI only machine.
racinrandall

Re: x265 on CentOS7 CLI

Post by racinrandall »

I installed x265.x86_64.0:1.6-1.el7.nux package from nux-dextop repo, but I still get the same error in HB.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

There is no official HandBrake package for CentOS, and we don't support unofficial packages. Your best bet is to build HandBrake from source yourself.
racinrandall

Post by racinrandall »

That is where I was going next. I figured if I follow a guide to install from source I can manage it and it would then hopefully work with x265.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/ ... UILD-Linux

The guide for Fedora will be close to what you need.