wrong size using the CLI-version on Linux

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cyberduck

wrong size using the CLI-version on Linux

Post by cyberduck »

Hello everybody!

As I mentioned in my first post, the size of the final .avi differs from the one I get using the Mac-GUI of MediaFork. In both cases I wrote and read the files on the same system and filesystem (the Mac read and wrote it's files over the network). So the filesystem it writes on is ext3 on the linux-machine.

What could be the issue that the filesize differs? I used the same settings, and all the information I can get from within the file match each other, except the filesize.

Thx in advance, cyberduck
cyberduck

Post by cyberduck »

I guess I have discovered whats wrong! The CLI-version does NOT calculate the needed videobitrate correct! On my Mac the movie is set to "Average bitrate: 922 kbps", the Linux machine says: "Calculated bitrate: 931 kbps" (both exactly the same settings, same movie!). If you've calculated right, this is the difference of the final size (a few megs)!

It would be great if someone could approve that mistake. Even greater than this would be a quick fix for this issue!

Thx for your attention,

cyberduck

edit: you might be interested in the command I executed, here it is:

Code: Select all

./MediaForkCLI -e xvid -E lame -B 128 -R 48 -w 640 -S 700 -2 -i path/to/themovie/ -o XvidOutput/LINUX_testmovie.avi