Is there a queue for the commandline-version?

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cyberduck

Is there a queue for the commandline-version?

Post by cyberduck »

Hey folks! I'm using this great tool on my Ubuntu 6.10 Linux PC to give my ears a chance to relax at night when not hearing the noise of a macbook coding videos 8). Today was the first time I ran the CLI-version of Mediafork on Linux (precompiled : CLICK ME!).
It runs good I think, there is a IMCT (or something like that) error/message at the end of task 1, but the video is nice. Now I'm trying to get the -S option working correctly, the first run with a 90 min video with ac3 Sound and xvid codec was 5MB too big, I wanted to have it on 700MB (Ok this value is [Censored] with ac3 sound, but the coding was running when I saw my mistake ;) ).

BUT the REAL question is...*tadaah*: is there a possibility to use the/a queue with the commandline-version posted above? This would be really really incredibly great!

I salute to the work you've done and hope for an answer soon,

cyberduck
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Is there a queue for the commandline-version?

Post by jbrjake »

cyberduck wrote:BUT the REAL question is...*tadaah*: is there a possibility to use the/a queue with the commandline-version posted above?
Why, is your semi-colon key broken?

If not, just string the processes together as one command-line...
cyberduck

Post by cyberduck »

Hey, that works as good as writing a script (which I prefer) that executes all conversion-actions one by one :). But thx for the other solution 8)!
brian5678

Post by brian5678 »

If there is an interest in a batch command line script, there is one available at http://www.realisticsoftware.com/pages/ ... ml#MFbatch

B
blindmelon

Post by blindmelon »

So, I began to write a shell script to convert my directory full of DVDs (already ripped on hard drive)...then had a suspicion that this problem must have been encountered (and solved) before.

Thanks brian5678, perfect!! :D
tubbyman

I wish I had found this yesterday....

Post by tubbyman »

I made a wrapper script for MediaFork as well, but it's perl, not shell script. It's also posted on this forum, apparently posted minutes later. :) I started mine in shell, but switched to perl to handle weird paths. I never thought to use soft links to get around weird paths....You know what would be really cool? A perl module for mediafork. You know what else would be cool? Flying cars.

MediaForkCLI is a great piece of software, thanks a million!

In case you don't see the post directly above this on the forum, here's the link.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1011
steffi

Post by steffi »

This script doesn't really do spaces in filenames very well and there's no reason why I can't is there? This is unix after all.

It handles top level spaces in the input dir better if you use

parseProcessInArgs "$@"

still trying to figure out why all the space manip for the parent of VIDEO_TS is necessary.
brian5678 wrote:If there is an interest in a batch command line script, there is one available at http://www.realisticsoftware.com/pages/ ... ml#MFbatch

B