Thanks

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
risck

Thanks

Post by risck »

Just a little thanks to jbrjake for updating, in full, the CLIGuide... as it is very useful...

Two things... basically the same... turbo mode is missing.

Also I don't do target side or vrb mode so this is something I don't know about yet... but it might be worth noting.

In two pass mode does --x264opts pass the same options to the encode both runs? If not what does pass one receive? Or is it something like

Code: Select all

--two-pass -x first:run -x second:run
Again maybe something to note... no need to actually post the answers here... but just wanting to drop a thanks... but felt I needed something other than a thanks.

s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

risck - We'll probably add that when the next version comes out so we don't confuse folk using the 0.8.5b1 CLI.

jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Thanks

Post by jbrjake »

risck wrote:Just a little thanks to jbrjake for updating, in full, the CLIGuide... as it is very useful...
You're welcome, it was just for you ;P

I'm still not done, though. Needs a nice examples section to mirror caenim's guide.
Two things... basically the same... turbo mode is missing.
Like Scott said, trying not to confuse people with the stuff that's not in binary releases.

See the commit message:
"Yay, finally got around to explaining every single fscking option as of 0.8.5b1. Gotta go back and add all the new ones, still..."
In two pass mode does --x264opts pass the same options to the encode both runs?
Yes, default behavior is to duplicate the options string and use the same for both passes. Otherwise, you're liable to get an "Error, bitrate curves do not converge!" crash on pass 2. This gives you the best quality for 2-pass, but not the best speed...thus the turbo 1st pass setting in the next beta, lifted from mencoder.

risck

Re: Thanks

Post by risck »

jbrjake wrote:I'm still not done, though. Needs a nice examples section to mirror caenim's guide.
Like Scott said, trying not to confuse people with the stuff that's not in binary releases.
Okay... I didn't think 6.1 sound was in the current beta release... made me wonder.