Autocrop choosing incorrect values?

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Soapsurgeon

Autocrop choosing incorrect values?

Post by Soapsurgeon »

Hi,

Quick question. I've started to encode my DVDs using the CLI. I have just noticed this warning:

Code: Select all

x264 [warning]: width or height not divisible by 16 (720x552), compression will suffer.
The arguments I use are here:

Code: Select all

HandBrakeCLI.exe -i 'c:\Movies\Vobs\Gladiator' -o 'C:\Movies\MPEGs\Gladiator.mp4' -v -t 1 -B 160 -R 48 -E AAC -e x264 -f MP4 -m -p -d -q 0.70 -Q -x 

bframes=3:ref=1:subme=5:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1:trellis=2;
I took these from a thread on here for appleTV presets. Is this warning ok to ignore or am i missing a flag somewhere?

Also I just put it on verbose mode and I found another warning saying unknown command trellis=2. I'm fairly sure i just cut & paste this from a thread so what is wrong there?

Thanks for any help.[/code]
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Learn to search the forum, or learn to read documentation. The mod16 warning is covered in both.

Your command does not appear to be set up correctly. Why is there a carriage return inbetween -x and the x264 options? You cannot hit return in the middle of a command. This is undoubtedly why you're getting an error from trellis.
Soapsurgeon

Post by Soapsurgeon »

I did do a search but i guess i was searching the wrong terms. At least i know now to ignore the warning.

Also I'm not sure why I have a cr in the middle of the command, my guess is that it is to do with notepad or something as I am using a batch file. Will investigate.

Cheers.