These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on HandBrake. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Posting & Account Rules
- Keep bad language to a minimum and respect other users (and project contributors) on this forum. Avoid excessive use of the caps lock. #
- You agree not to post any: spam, advertising, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented material. #
- Discussion of topics of dubious legality (Illegally obtained copyrighted content, Circumventing DRM (Digital Rights Management), Rental discs etc) or any material that may violate any applicable laws is not permitted. #
- The language used on the board is English. This is the only language allowed. Use of a translation service is acceptable. #
- Multiple registrations are prohibited. #
- Do not PM anyone for support. Support requests should be kept on the forum threads for the benefit of all. #
In cases where spamming, abusive posts, Multiple Registrations, or piracy are concerned, your account will be instantly banned without notice!
Otherwise, we'll discuss the issue with you privately or issue a warning if the case warrants it.
If problems persist there after, you may be banned permanently.
Discussions between moderators and users should be kept private. #
- In cases where spamming, abusive posts, Multiple Registrations, or piracy are concerned, your account will be instantly banned without notice!
- If you see a post that violates any of these rules, please report it by clicking the "!" icon in the top right corner of the post. Please do not "Back-Seat" moderate in posts! #
- If you are warned and wish to discuss the matter, please be polite when private messaging the moderator that issued the warning. You're far more likely to get a good response if you do. #
- For any serious issues, please use the "Contact Us" link in the forum footer and the board admins will be notified. #
- The forums are provided as-is without any guarantee or warranty for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message or feature on this board. #
This is a volunteer driven project, so it is simply not possible for us to read and moderate every post on this forum.
If you see a post that violates our forum rules or is inappropriate, you can help us by reporting it. To do this simply click the "!" icon at the top corner of the post.
We will do our best to resolve this as soon as possible but an immediate response is not always possible. #
- Any content or message posted on our forums expresses only the views of the author of the message and does not necessarily reflect the view of the HandBrake Team, or any person or entity associated with the project. #
- Please be aware that any information you enter into this site should be considered public. This includes the forums "private messages" feature. You should not enter any private or confidential information into this forum. #
The forum software does not support allowing users to delete their own accounts. If you have a legitimate reason to have your account deleted, please use the "Contact Us" link in the forum footer.
You must be logged into the forum while using this contact form. This allows us to validate that the message came from the account holder. If you do not do this, we will validate your request by sending you an email to the address on the account.
When deleting accounts, your posts will be anonymised rather than deleted to protect the integrity of the forum. We will remove any personally identifiable information on request. We will only delete posts if the situation warrants it.
Please note, we regularly delete inactive accounts. (i.e those that have not been used in the last 6 months and have 0 posts) #
This forum has a moderation queue for posts by new users, and users with no posts.
You may have to wait for a moderator to approve your first post. Please be patient.
If your post gets disapproved, you'll get an in-forum notification with the reason why. You can enable e-mail notifications in the user control panel.
After your first post, your subsequent posts will not go through the moderation queue but are still subject to the forum rules. #
- The forum software does not support allowing users to delete their own accounts. If you have a legitimate reason to have your account deleted, please use the "Contact Us" link in the forum footer.