These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on HandBrake. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
We request that an activity log be posted with all support requests to provide us with context needed to help us answer your questions.
If you are unable to provide the log please tell us in your post if you are having difficulties doing so.
Information on how to get an activity log can be found in the documentation #
- We request that an activity log be posted with all support requests to provide us with context needed to help us answer your questions.
Posting & Account Rules
- Keep bad language to a minimum and respect other users (and project contributors) on this forum. Avoid excessive use of the caps lock. #
- You agree not to post any: spam, advertising, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented material. #
- Discussion of topics of dubious legality (Illegally obtained copyrighted content, Circumventing DRM (Digital Rights Management), Rental discs etc) or any material that may violate any applicable laws is not permitted. #
- The language used on the board is English. This is the only language allowed. Use of a translation service is acceptable. #
- Multiple registrations are prohibited. #
- Do not PM anyone for support. Support requests should be kept on the forum threads for the benefit of all. #
- You agree not to post personal or private information about yourself or any other person or entity. #
In cases where spamming, abusive posts, Multiple Registrations, or piracy are concerned, your account will be instantly banned without notice!
Otherwise, we'll discuss the issue with you privately or issue a warning if the case warrants it.
If problems persist there after, you may be banned permanently.
Discussions between moderators and users should be kept private. #
- In cases where spamming, abusive posts, Multiple Registrations, or piracy are concerned, your account will be instantly banned without notice!
- If you see a post that violates any of these rules, please report it by clicking the "!" icon in the top right corner of the post. Please do not "Back-Seat" moderate in posts! #
- If you are warned and wish to discuss the matter, please be polite when private messaging the moderator that issued the warning. You're far more likely to get a good response if you do. #
- For any serious issues, please use the "Contact Us" link in the forum footer and the board admins will be notified. #
- The forums are provided as-is without any guarantee or warranty for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message or feature on this board. #
This is a volunteer driven project, so it is simply not possible for us to read and moderate every post on this forum.
If you see a post that violates our forum rules or is inappropriate, you can help us by reporting it. To do this simply click the "!" icon at the top corner of the post.
We will do our best to resolve this as soon as possible but an immediate response is not always possible. #
- Any content or message posted on our forums expresses only the views of the author of the message and does not necessarily reflect the view of the HandBrake Team, or any person or entity associated with the project. #
- Please be aware that any information you enter into this site should be considered public. This includes the"private messages" feature. You should not enter any private or confidential information into this forum under any circumstance. #
If you no longer wish to have an account on this forum, it is possible to delete it though the User Control Panel
When deleting accounts, your posts will be anonymised rather than deleted to protect the integrity of the forum. We will remove any personally identifiable information on request. You can request that we remove posts as well but we prefer that you allow us to anonymise them instead.
Any requests MUST be made and completed by us BEFORE deleting your account! Please us the "Contact Us" link in the forum footer and we will review each request on a case-by-case basis. #
This forum has a moderation queue for posts by new users, and users with no posts.
You may have to wait for a moderator to approve your first post. Please be patient.
If your post gets disapproved, you'll get an in-forum notification with the reason why. You can enable e-mail notifications in the user control panel.
After your first post, your subsequent posts will not go through the moderation queue but are still subject to the forum rules. #
Please be aware, we regularly cleanup and remove accounts on this forum. This typically occurs when:
- An account has been created but never logged after 30 days since sign-up.
- An account has been inactive for 3 months that has 0 posts. To keep an account alive, there must be at least 1 post. Feel free to say hello in the Tiki Bar forum if you do not wish your account to be cleaned up.
- An account is banned. Usually after 90 days. Sooner if the account was generated by a spam bot. Posts if any exist will be anonymised or removed.
- If you no longer wish to have an account on this forum, it is possible to delete it though the User Control Panel