Feature request - a preset for Sansa Fuze

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Telkwa

Feature request - a preset for Sansa Fuze

Post by Telkwa »

Good morning!
I don't have any idea how hard this would be - has anyone brought up the idea of building a preset for Sansa PMP's like you have for Apple gear? Apparently the Sansa Media Converter is buggy. Plus it only works on that one OS. There is some discussion on the Sansa Forums about a few different ways to get video to the Fuze so it can be done.

It would be wonderful to have a preset in Handbrake!
Deleted User 11865

Re: Feature request - a preset for Sansa Fuze

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Unfortunately, this won't happen. After the issues the developer had with the gaming console presets (PS3, PSP etc.), it was simply decided to not have official presets for any devices that the developers don't personally own. No exceptions.

So either one of the built-ins work with your device or you'll have to come up with your own preset.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

The next release (and current snapshot) will have preset import and export capabilities. So you could get some knowledgeable person in the sansa community to create a preset that works, export it, and share it.
Telkwa

Post by Telkwa »

OK, thanks, Mr. Stebbins -
What part of the forum should I hang out at to find out more about this new feature?
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

It's not been documented yet. If you try the snapshot, on mac, you will find it in the presets menu. On linux, it's in the popup menu under the presets pane. I'm not familiar enough with the windows UI to say where it is on that platform.