cannot open decrypted source files

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
tothjj

cannot open decrypted source files

Post by tothjj »

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I was able to convert a decrypted source file on 3/14/2009 with no problems. However, the next day I could not get it to work anymore. Every file I try to open produces the error message “No Title(s) found. Please make sure you have selected a valid, non copy protected source. Your source maybe protected badly mastered or a format handbrake does not support.” Even titles that were successfully converted before won’t open. I think a Windows update occurred around this time and I know that Firefox was updated but I can’t be sure either of these contributed to the problem. I reinstalled both Handbrake and DVDfab but still cannot get it to open a decrypted file. I uninstalled Firefox and tried again with no luck. I also searched my computer for duplicate cygwin1.dll files but only Handbrake’s file was found. The funny thing is that I’m having the exact same problem on a laptop all of a sudden and that also previously worked. The title below was successfuly converted once but cannot be opened anymore. In fact, none of my previously converted titles will open anymore. Any Ideas?

### Windows GUI 0.9.3 2008112300
### Running: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
###
### CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
### Ram: 2047 MB
### Screen: 1920x1200
### Temp Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Julius\Local Settings\Temp\
### Install Dir: C:\Program Files\HandBrake
### Data Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Julius\Application Data\HandBrake\HandBrake\0.9.3.0
#########################################

[19:36:37] hb_init: checking cpu count
[19:36:37] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake 0.9.3 (2008112300) - http://handbrake.fr/
4 CPUs detected
Opening D:\Movies\MainMovie\CLERKS\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO...
[19:36:37] hb_scan: path=D:\Movies\MainMovie\CLERKS\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO, title_index=0
[19:36:37] scan: trying to open with libdvdread
[19:36:37] dvd: not a dvd - trying as a stream/file instead
[19:36:37] hb_stream_open: open D:\Movies\MainMovie\CLERKS\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
[19:36:37] scan: unrecognized file type
[19:36:37] libhb: scan thread found 0 valid title(s)
No title found.

############ End of Log ##############
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: cannot open decrypted source files

Post by TedJ »

Don't try to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, open the enclosing VIDEO_TS folder.
tothjj

Post by tothjj »

I don't know why I started to open the decrypted files using 'file' instead of 'folder'. I feel like such a tool. Thanks for the help. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

No problem, we all suffer from the occasional brain fade... :)